Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ice Cream!!!!


I get to go to Ashley's Ice Cream in New Haven when I head out to see my girl for the weekend. We've managed to split our weekends between Brooklyn & her place so its sometimes nice to get out of the city. I developed a major sweet tooth upon moving here, and also feel like I learned how to lighten up quite a bit. On Monday it was exactly 1 year that I finally accomplished something I've always wanted to do, move to New York City. Since I am unemployed I've had time and opportunity to look back, today I was trying to think of my "top ten favorite NYC" moments. I noticed that it wasn't the place, the money I had or didn't have, it was the people I was with, hanging out with an old college friend, having the girls come up from Boston, meeting intoxicating new girls at bars and having one too many, hanging out with friends and having fun. It came down to that. Sure, I had fun jobs and plenty I hated, but overall its the time when you are lost in the moment enjoying the persons company so completely that everything else sort of dissipates. I feel like I am heading in the right direction, and that feels good. You know, they say if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.....

ps. Alice Wu in her moving "Saving Face," called her project a love note to the city of New York.
Well...thats pretty ambitious. Consider this post as my neon post it note to a place I love, lets me be who I am,
and basically rocks my socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment